Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random: Updates, snow days, pictures

We received about a half a foot of snow on Saturday and by Monday our roads were still icy so they canceled school. They are calling for 3-6 more inches today and last night I got a call saying we were on a two hour delay today. I received another call at 6 a.m. saying we were closed due to the winter weather advisory and expectant snow for today. So here I am, blogging from home with my coffee in hand. I've been very productive the last few days. Hubs and I have organized our teacher/man room (it's decorated with all the cutesy teacher signs that people give us, along with an assortment of hunting trophies, sports trophies, and other awards.... sooooo chic let me tell you. Ha!). I have also cleaned the house, graded papers, written lesson plans, put my grammar units into a huge binder, and bought groceries. I'm not sure what my project for today will be... I'm sure I'll find something.

Home buying update: I was really dreading this part of my post. You see, we were really excited because we thought we could afford to buy the house we are living in right now. It's sooooooo perfect for us. It's got a beautiful backyard with weeping willow and weeping cherry trees, a huge row of tall pine trees, and lots of open space of our fur babies to run and play. The house of course is nice too (maybe I'll post pics of the inside one of these days). Anyways, the guy who owns it wants too much for it and so he offered to build us a house (he's a contractor). We got excited about that and then he said he can only build it on .13 of an acre. Unfortunately that's way too small for our two huge dogs. Hubs loves to work outside in the yard during the summer and that just wouldn't give him any room to do anything. So needless to say, we were very disappointed and felt out of options. We have looked a tons of houses and can't find anything we are satisfied with. We just kept comparing everything to the house we live in now and nothing measured up. So we contemplated renting for a few more years. I was really annoyed with the whole process and then received more potentially bad news (relating to something different, might post on that later this week, not ready for it now). So I've been kinda down this week. Welllllllllllllllllll. Things turned around a little bit yesterday. My mom (who is acting as our realtor, she's a social worker but loves all things real eastate and is going to get her real estate license this spring) talked to our landlord (they have become good friends) and he said he is going to talk to his partner and see if they can come down on the price of our house! We already told him that if he could we would put a contract on it this week! So please say a few prayers for us this week! We are waiting to hear back from him. I need some good news!

Whew. So that's the update on home buying. I'll leave you with a few pics from this weekend.

Everyone has little dogs that they can dress up, we have big dogs, so I decided to put my sweatshirt on Piper!
Needless to say, she was not amused.
My big man, Mason. It's a small miracle he sat still long enough to take a picture.
It was getting dark but snow covered Mason was having too much fun to go inside!
Hubs and I. We don't do well taking pictures ourselves and usually his eyes are half closed so he made sure to keep them open, which resulted in his deer-in-headlights look. =)

 Piper's golden retriever fur collects snowballs and I have to brush them out! She loves it though.


Happy Tuesday friends!

1 comment:

Brittany Ann said...

Our pups are big too! But we've been known to play dress up from time to time!