Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Celebrations and Sadness

What an exhausting week! I enjoyed sleeping in a little this morning (8:30 is sleeping in for me!) and I was able to drink my coffee while catching up on blogs. Now I'm about to go get hubs a few birthday gifts! My birthday is tomorrow and hubs birthday is on Wednesday. We are going out to lunch with his family tomorrow for a joint celebration and to also celebrate his grandparents' 49th wedding anniversary. It will be a weekend of eating and celebrating. We are so blessed!
On another more serious note, has anyone else been noticing all of the recent natural disasters lately? There have been so many devastating earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides, and storms lately. I just saw the news about the earthquake in Chile. I feel terrible for all of those countries who have been affected by them. It's easy for us as Americans to take things for granted. We are so blessed with an abandance of so many things and so many areas of the world are hurting and so many people are homeless, hungry, sick, etc. I think it's important to keep these people in our prayers and to also reach out and help in any way we can!

Have a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

Kaz and Amy said...

Hi Christina-
I completely agree with you...We take so many things for granted. HOPE you have a great birthday!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday :)

Chrissy said...

i missed your birthday? happy birthday! i hope it was wonderful!! :))