Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting on Friday

We haven't had school on a Friday since before Christmas break! Snow and ice have kept us out every Friday of this month, which.... not gonna lie... has been wonderful! It's spoiled me though... so I'm a little disappointed that we will have school this Friday unless that huge storm gets to us before expected (it's supposed to hit here on Saturday). I love my job though so I can't complain! I couldn't ask for a better job, seriously.

Nothing to report on future home buying/building. We are in the process of all the paper work for the loan and it is blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. There are so many tiny words on these super huge legal pages. Haha. I don't even want to talk about it.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I decided to start walking every morning at school (7:20 am) with some of the other teachers at work. I've walked every day that we've had school this week! Wooohooo go me! =) I am really enjoying it. It's cold on the hill where our school is and I couldn't feel my legs when I got back to my classroom this morning due to the 20 something degree temperature but I feel more energized throughout the day. I'm also getting to know the other teachers at my school a lot better which is great!

Some of you have asked which book we are studying in our Bible study/book club. We are reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. It basically encourages people to live for God more radically and not be lukewarm. It's really good so far! There are videos online to go with each chapter which is cool.

Well I'll blog more as soon as I have more exciting news to share!

Happy Wednesday friends!



P.S. As a teacher I get paid on the last working day of every month (and so does hubs) so we haven't seen paychecks since Dec. 18th! GET HERE FAST FRIDAY!  =)

3 comments:

Katie's Journey said...

Crazy Love is such a good book! I know what you mean about only getting paid once a month. I just got paid today from the district!

Alissa said...

Ooh I'm a little jealous of all those Friday's off you lucky! At least you've had some reading time. Good luck with getting another day off tomorrow (fingers crossed for you).

Katie said...

Did you end up having school last Friday? Schools here did not! They haven't been since last Thursday and they're out again today. Man, I should have been a teacher!

Good for you for walking before school!