Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Very Blessed

This weekend was wonderful! Yesterday we had our first Bible study/book club meeting and it was so fun! We had a great time talking and enjoying our coffees (in my case a chai latte). I work with one of the girls and we don't know each other too well but her and I ended up talking for 2 and a half hours after Bible study ended. I am going to be walking with her and another girl at work every morning. What a blessing to make a new friend!
This morning I woke up and had just stepped into the shower when I got a call from our school system. I assumed we were gonna be an hour late because of flooding but it turns out we were closed! They needed to use our schools as evacuation centers. Hubs' school system was closed too so I crawled back in bed and slept for a few more hours! I don't know what kind of damage the flooding has caused but hopefully everyone and their houses are okay. It was minor flooding I believe... Keep the families that are affected in your prayers!
We also received some good news this morning from our landlord/builder. Turns out he knows the guy that builds the home that we want to build and can get the floor plans from him! He also thinks that he can get a good deal on a lot in a local subdivision. We are waiting to see what happens but I am trusting that whatever does happen is God's plan and I'm not going to spend my time worrying about things I can't control! That's one of the things that the book we are reading (Crazy Love) is focused on. Living life without fear. Trusting God and letting him be in control instead of trying to control our situations.
I'm thankful for all of the blessings that God has poured into my life lately!
Happy Monday friends!

1 comment:

Leesie said...

This sounds fun. My husband and I have been wanting to start doing the same. In fact I wrote a whole post on it here http://newlywedslifeloveandshopping.blogspot.com/2010/01/our-little-meet-and-greet-night.html.
Have a great day!