Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day Friday

I am blogging from home at 10:15 on a Friday morning thanks to a light dusting of snow last night! I was so happy to see our school district flash across the TV screen saying CLOSED this morning. Hubs was off too (we don't work for the same school district but his school system closed as well). So we didn't roll out of bed until 9:45 which was wonderful. Now I'm enjoying my coffee and catching up on all of your lovely blogs. The snow we got last not was nothing compared to the 2 feet we received before Christmas. I'm kinda glad that it happened on the last day of school before Christmas break because that snow would have kept us out for over a week and then we would be extending our year in June!

I don't have too many new things to report. We are still waiting to hear back on whether or not our conditions for buying our house have been excepted. I'm getting anxious. Hopefully we will find out today! Buying a home can get pretty complicated but we are pushing to get it done as soon as possible so we can get the $8,000 tax credit for 1st time home buyers. We have until the end of April to make a deal and the end of June to close. I want it all to be done a lot sooner than that!

In other news, hubs' team won their basketball game last night by 1 point! And that was after their best player got a concussion and was taken out of the game. They are 6-2 now! A winning season so far. Good job hubs and team! =) I was so proud of him and his team at the game. He was a such a good coach, so confident as the game came down to its final seconds. I was nervously putting my hands over my face and peeking through my fingers! =)

Hopefully it will be a relaxing weekend. We don't have anything planned yet, but sometimes those are the best kind!

Happy Friday friends!

2 comments:

Megara said...

ah i'm so jealous of your snow day! have a great weekend xo

Brittney Galloway said...

Hey there! Just found your blog and have enjoyed reading! I'm glad you had a day off and can't wait to hear more about the house buying!