Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year In Review: 2009

Wow, I can't say that I'm sad to see 2009 go. It's been an insanely busy year. So as a final blog post for 2009, here is what this past year has looked like.
I quit my job of 2 years and began student teaching with the world's best mentor teacher. I taught 1st grade for 12 weeks and I loved, loved, loved every minute of it. God totally blessed that experience for me. During that time, we got this little fur baby.

Piper and Mason quickly bonded and share a love of hiking.

Hubs and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary on April 26! I can't believe how fast we are approaching year 2!



(This was our anniversary trip to TN)

Shortly after that trip, I landed my dream job for the fall! This was a huge event for me this year because quitting my job of 2 years was scary (especially with the economy).
About two months after our trip I began teaching summer school and the rest of our summer was filled with family and friends. We took our nephew swimming at the river.


Our friends (and my former college roomies) came to visit and it was so great to hang out with them again. We don't get to see them often enough!

(Heather and Joey)

We also went on our annual camping trip with my family. It is always a lot of fun, relaxing at the lake, swimming, grilling out, and fishing!


We learned on this trip that Piper does not like to swim! =)
We also took a trip to the beach! Summer quickly ended and before I knew it, I was starting my first year of teaching! It's been a fun year so far. Here is a picture of my classroom before it was decorated and completed:


As you can tell, our school is very old. It's actually a pod school (meaning you have to go outside to take the kids to specials, lunch, etc.) but I love it!! My classroom actually looks a lot different now. This was taken during the summer as I was setting things up.
The end of 2009 has been surprisingly laidback (which I'm grateful for). We recently received 2+ feet of snow and had a wonderful Christmas, which I blogged about here.

Whew. I hope I'm not forgetting anything important! It's been such a whirlwind year that I feel like Piper was a puppy years ago! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Year celebration! We are going to a friend's house to celebrate!

Bring on 2010! =)


7 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great year! Your puppy is so cute and I love your classroom!

Brittney said...

What kind of dog is Piper?! So cute!

Rachel said...

Your puppy is so cute! Sounds like a good year for you :)

Also, random, but where do you teach? I student taught at two pod schools in Augusta county when I was in college (at JMU). They were weird, but I kind of liked it :)

Rachel said...

NO WAY! I taught 4th grade with Sally Williams there! I looooooved that school! If my husband weren't tied to such a great job here, I'd beg him to move there so I could work there. Prior to that I student taught at Ladd, which I also just loved! What a small world :)

Rachel said...

That is so crazy, but so cool! That is quite the connection to have :)

Brittany Ann said...

Happy New Year!

Kristen said...

aww what cute pictures! Happy New Year!!