Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowed In: 22+ inches of snow!

We're snowed in! It's been snowing nonstop since 3:00 yesterday afternoon and we are up to 22 inches! It's still coming down hard and its estimated to be 1-3 inches per hour today! Piper and Mason are loving the snow. I'll post pictures of them playing in it later! =) Hopefully being snowed in will give me the motivation to clean the house and wrap Christmas presents. Hopefully. It may just make me lazy and I could possibly curl up on the couch under a fleece blanket with some coffee and a Christmas movie! =)
Yesterday was my last day with the kiddos until January 4th! It is definitely a much needed break. We got out of school an hour early yesterday because of the forecast but the kids didn't find out about it and I didn't tell them until it was almost time to go (stuff like that makes them way to hyper/excited). It was a crazy week at school and I didn't get too much accomplished other than making Christmas ornaments and decorating their clay pots for their parents' presents. We had a little party yesterday and at 2:15 I was practically running to my car! =) I love my job but man do I need some down time!
I am still behind on Christmas shopping. I need to get two more things for my mom, one more for my dad, and a few more gifts for Phil's side of the family. Hopefully I can get everything cleaned and taken care of at home (since it's impossible to go anywhere today or tomorrow probably) and I can Christmas shop on Monday.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so jealous of your snow! We have NONE in Norfolk. Just a lot of rain.

Enjoy your break! We don't get out 'til Tuesday. It's going to be a tough 2 days!

Kristen said...

Aww, wish I had snow! Merry Christmas!! We definitely have wind!