Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hellooooooo Summer Vacation, Is it too early to plan?

So hubs and I have decided to start planning our summer trip. I know, its only November but if we start planning, researching, etc now, we will be ready to go the week after school lets out in June. Have I mentioned that I love being a teacher and having the freedom to travel during the summer and still get paid!?? Lucky for us we are both teachers and have the summers off together! Hubs and I haven't went on a decent trip together since we've been married. Sure we've been here and there for a couple of nights but we haven't gotten to take a long (week or more) vacation together due to our hectic schedules, bills, etc. We still have bills (what newly married couple doesn't?) but we are coming to a point in our lives where we can accomplish some of our goals. The first goal, buying our house! We (hopefully, if all goes as planned, say a few prayers!) will be buying our house before April (hopefully around Christmas or a little after, wow!), which means we will get the first time home buyers tax credit and a decent tax return! This will not make us rich in any way but it will help us afford a decent vacation! So where to, where to? We are thinking NYC!!!! I would love to see Times Square, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Macy's, Broadway, and of course have frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity!!! So we have been looking into hotels and deals for NYC. One of our other goals has always been to go somewhere out west like Colorado or Montana. I would love to go to Yellowstone or Glacier National Park. If you've never heard of Glacier National Park go here and see the beautiful pictures!! Amazing. Growing up in Virginia, I've always been under the impression that most of the beauty lies in other countries. You know... Greece, Ireland, Africa..... and I'm sure there are amazing things in those countries, but there are amazing things in America too.... so many that I haven't seen! So I will definitely keep you all up to date on the trip planning and our final decisions! I'm excited and I hope the rest of the school year flies by!

Things I'm Thankful For:
1. Hubs <3
2. My parents
3. Amazing church services
4. Short work week! 2 days! Yay!
5. A clean house =)

Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!


No comments: