Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Meet Me Downtown

This week was busy and I've been completely out of it! Yesterday on my way to work I passed my exit on the interstate and didn't realize it until I was three miles farther down the road. The exit I got off was 8 miles from the one I should have taken. So after a 16 mile detour I finally made it to work (with plenty of time to spare, thankfully I left early that morning!). Needless to say, I'm really glad that it's Saturday and a nice cool fall day (even if it is cloudy). My sister and I decided to meet for breakfast this morning and then we went downtown. We had a great time! Here are a few pictures from our trip.


Welcome to downtown Staunton, VA


I love Coffee on the Corner!


My sister


Look at the leaves!


Old towns. <3


Part of an old train


Just a little shopping...




View from the old train station


Old bridge over part of the train tracks.


Love this door.


Holly and the weird door handle.

Fun trip! Happy fall!

2 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

What a gorgeous city!

Rachel said...

I loooooooove downtown Staunton! My dad grew up in Rockbridge County, and I remember going to the city as a kid for dinner and shopping. Then, when I was at JMU, we'd drive down there from time to time to get out of Harrisonburg. It's so darling!