Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Favorites and Cold Weather

I love waking up to a clean house! Hubs and I spent all afternoon yesterday cleaning the house. I mean really cleaning it. Vacuuming, mopping the hardwood floors and the bathrooms, scrubbing down every surface, etc. It felt so good to wake up to everything in it's place this morning! I am really enjoying this weekend... I don't have to go to my classroom this weekend. I am already prepared for next week so I can just relax and continue to reorganize the house!

Tonight hubs and I are going out to his grandparent's farm for dinner. My mother-in-law's birthday was on Thursday so we are having a birthday dinner for her tonight. I love spending time at the farm. The views from the top of the hill on the back field are amazing! Someday hubs and I want to build a huge farmhouse with a wrap around porch and stone fireplace on the top of that hill....... someday. Dreams.

Moving on, apparently winter wanted to pay our part of Virginia a visit this week and I was greeted with a 38 degree temperature on several mornings and evenings this week. I'm not quite ready for that yet... I am a firm believer that if it is going to be that cold it should snow. Afterall, we have six built in snow days this year! I want to use them all! Other than that I don't have anything too exciting to report from this past week or anything to exciting to talk about for the upcoming week. So I will just include a list of a few of my current fall favorites:
1. Drink (aside from pumpkin spice lattes) Alpine Spiced Cider. YUM.
2. Accessory: Scarves and lots of them.
3. Makeup: Dr. Pepper Bonne Bell chapstick. (Don't judge).
4. Clothing: Fleece vests and jackets.
5. Song: Need You Now by Lady Antebellum

2 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

I love that Lady Antebellum song!

Rachel said...

I miss jumping into leaf piles with you at your grandma's house :)