Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Take a hike!

Yesterday was a beautiful fall day. Hubs and I took Mason (our chocolate lab) hiking at St. Mary's Falls. It was a pretty long hike with lots of different terrain. It's not a normal hiking path, its more like a few beaten down paths through the woods. There are lots of navigate and go the way you can type trails because Hurricane Isabelle destroyed lots of the trails. We crossed the river three times at least on the way up (luckily the water was low in the river and there were lots of huge rocks) and climbed over lots of logs/fallen trees. It was a fun hike. The weather was great and the leaves have started to change! I've posted some pictures below for your viewing pleasure.
Today hubs and I are going to church then going out to Nan's for lunch. After we return I have to go to school to get things ready for this week. I was at a writing conference on Thursday and Friday so I haven't been to my classroom since Wednesday afternoon! I HIGHLY recommend the writing conference called Write Traits to any and all teachers out there. It was by far the best conference that I have been to. The speaker was awesome! I can't wait to incorporate the ideas and teaching methods into my classroom. Well I guess that's all for now! Hope everyone had a great weekend!


Mason swimming


Cute hubs


Mason is ready to hike!


This is actually a bear hunting dog that was lost and decided to hike with us. Look at the leaves! I love fall!


My boys


There was lots of rocky terrain.


St. Mary's Falls


In front of the falls.


Hubs in front of the falls.



Thank you self timer. It's the best I could do.


I love this picture. It's so beautiful!


2 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful park!

Brittany Ann said...

Look how cute Mason is on his walk!