Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Recap

This weekend flew by! I can't believe it's Monday already. I don't have much time to write this blog so I'll give you a quick update... The first week of school went really well. I have a really great group of 2nd graders. The lesson planning is overwhelming, especially as a new teacher because I don't have the resources the other teachers have (ie. files and files full of lessons). So I have been working really hard on being prepared. I spent a good 6 hours in my classroom this weekend, rearranging desks, putting down a new rug, bringing in my rocking chair, filling my bookshelf. My room looks great but I still have a lot that I want to do. I'll be busy this week for sure! In the midst of all of the chaos that is my life right now, God is constantly reminding me how small I am and how big He is. On Friday I was very frustrated and after I loaded my rocking chair in the SUV I turned around and saw a full rainbow!! It was beautiful. After that I began noticing the amazing views of the mountains that I have and take for granted every day! So instead of stressing this week I am going to try to have a really positive attitude and to take more time to appreciate the beautiful things all around!

No comments: