Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Week Update!

Hello friends! It's been almost a week since my last post so I thought I would update you on what I have been up to this week. I'll also post a few pictures from our camping trip from last weekend! I only worked two days this week but it seemed like a lot more. Thursday was new teacher orientation at my school and I had a great time getting to know the rest of the "newbies" on staff. We have a large group this year and it's comforting to know I'm not alone! Yesterday was the orientation for all of the new teachers in the whole county. It was very long with lots and lots of information covered. I've survived both. Next week I will be in and out of meetings, putting the finishing touches on my room, and writing lesson plans for the first few weeks of school! I have so much to do!! Today I am going to see one of my friend's classrooms... she is a new teacher as well... we were in the same Masters program. Then we are going to lunch, she will see my classroom, and after that we are heading to the Teacher's Aide in Harrisonburg to get posters and supplies for our classrooms. I will try to blog this week and maybe even post pictures of my classroom. Next weekend, two of our friends from college are coming to stay with us! I can't wait to see them! :) I'm trying to get our guest bedroom ready and am looking into fun things that we can do. Possibly a drive-in movie, Safari Park visit, or a visit to the lake where hubs proposed! Okay... that's all for now!
One of the lakes
Piper... she loved camping!

My sister and I

I just really like this picture of me :)

Hubs and I posing for the camera in the middle of the river. :)

Piper learning to swim... she does not like it. Haha.

Hubs jumping in the river!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Great pictures. Looks like fun! Piper is so cute!

Kristen said...

oh it looks like you had a blast camping and how exciting about your classroom!