Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

So much to do, so little time....

It's almost here. The first day of school. On Tuesday 19 second graders will walk into my classroom. I feel like I need another week or three to prepare. I'm exhausted. Being a new teacher is a LOT of work. I don't have the files that other teachers have and I have to create a fun, conducive learning environment for the kids, and be very organized. Monday is filled with meetings so this afternoon I will be going up to my classroom to work in peace and quiet. I'm overwhelmed and excited.

Our friends from college are visiting this weekend and they leave to go home this afternoon. I've had a great time catching up with them! We spent most of yesterday at the river just swimming, sunbathing on the rocks, and talking. It was a much needed getaway for my mind. I didn't even think about school and all of my responsibilities yesterday.

I have been so exhausted lately that I've come to the conclusion that I need a new morning routine. Lately I have been getting up, showering, making my coffee, and leaving. By the afternoon I feel run down and there is no desire/motivation for me to work out when I get home. I am contemplating getting up earlier, adding devotions/prayer time and walking two miles, then getting ready for work. Do you think that will help my stress/energy levels? I am also considering adding a gym membership and taking fitness classes in the afternoons to keep me from coming home and crashing on the couch for the remainder of the afternoon/night. Thoughts? Do you all USE your gym memberships? Or does it end up just being a bill every month?

Pictures from this weekend to come!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It really comes down to your motivation. Just because you have a memebership doesn't mean that you will keep going. Sometimes they charge you to cancel your membership so make sure you will keep going if you get one!

Brittany Ann said...

Yay! Your first year teaching is almost here! I know it's terrifying, but as I was told my first year, if you can survive this year, you can survive anything. The first year is the hardest, but it will get easier, I promise! Praying for you!

(And I love the idea of a gym membership, of course. I think it's a great solution for your afternoons. But I'm a wee bit biased:)