Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I survived!

I should have posted a blog after the first day of school but I was so exhausted that I couldn't muster up the energy to do anything. I can barely type now. The first day of school went really well! Thanks for all of your prayers and messages! I had so many people call/text/leave messages online... it was wonderful to feel supported! We had a great first day. I have 18 kids in my classroom (it was 19 but one moved away). The first day was a blur... handing out paper work for the students' parents for fill out, learning names, touring our classroom, going through school supplies, etc. Day two (today) was really good as well. The kids are great. I have enjoyed myself so far... still overwhelmed with lesson planning but I'm just trying to take things one day at a time to see what works and what doesn't! We also had 2nd grade orientation tonight so I had an extremely long day and didn't get home until 7:45! I'm sorry for such a short post but please know that I'm still keeping up with your blogs even though I'm not posting a lot on mine! I promise that once I get in a routine with school I will post regularly!! :) Hope everyone is having a good week.... Is it Friday yet? :)

2 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Yay! (It does get easier, too! So double yay!) You're doing great posting at all! I can't imagine being a blogger right when I started teaching!

Kristen said...

Yay congrats for surviving!!