Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Delicious Smoothie Recipe

Every morning I have to have some sort of beverage to drink on my way to work. While I love coffee, I get sick of it if I have it every day for weeks on end. Not only do I get sick of it but the afternoon crash is the worst. Being a teacher, I need something that will not only give me energy, but something that will fill me up and help boost my immune system. Enter smoothie. I love smoothies. Not dessert smoothies, not icy smoothies. Fruit smoothies. If you have never gotten a smoothie from Tropical Smoothie.... you are missing out. BIG time. Tropical Smoothie is the greatest smoothie chain I have ever been to. There were lots of them in Newport News (where I went to college) and I am so sad that there are NONE in the Shenandoah Valley. Anyway......... I now have to make my own smoothies and I wanted to share the super simple recipe.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie
1.5 cups of frozen strawberries
1 whole banana
1 cup (or individual container) of yogurt (I like to use Vanilla or Strawberry)
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of Light Cran Apple Juice
(double the recipe if you are making smoothies for 2)
Dump all of the ingredients into the blender and crush/blend. Add Splenda if you want it to be sweeter! YUM!!

No comments: