Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Family, Friends, Food, Fireworks = Fun

Well this weekend has turned out to be pretty eventful! Hubs and I went to dinner at Red Lobster on Thursday to celebrate my masters. Friday we went to a cookout out in the sticks. I'm talking turkey houses(with no turkeys mind you, I didn't have to endure that smell!), cow fields, and woods... fried chicken, potato salad, macaroni salad, and chips! Of course there were two games of corn hole set up! It was a good time... minus the tick that I found in my head when I got home. Bleh.

Saturday I went to a yard sale and bought the hubby some tools. After that we went to my parents house for a cookout. Hubs' family came too so it was nice to have the mix of our families together! The weather was great... the kids, hubs, and his grandpa swam in the pool while everyone else socialized. The food was awesome! After the cookout we came home and relaxed for a few hours and then we went to Staunton to listen to a band and watch the fireworks. Overall it has been a very nice weekend!

I hope to spend today getting the rest of my life back to normal... laundry, cleaning, organizing... grocery shopping? :) Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!!

2 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Did you change your blog background? It looks nice!

Kristen said...

Corn hole, gotta love it!! Glad you had a great weekend!!