Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekened Update

This weekend was really fun. Hubs and I hung out with friends on Saturday night had a great time. I laughed a lot... which is something I haven't done in awhile. Life has been so stressful lately with trying to find a job and starting this long term sub position that I hadn't really lightened up in awhile. Sunday the weather was perfect! We had a Mother's Day cookout at our house and both of our families came over. It was really nice. We had TONS of food that are really bad for you.... potato salad, pasta salad, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, and KFC chicken! Yum. Hubs and I had great leftovers for lunch today!

My two job interviews have come and gone. The first one didn't go as well as I had hoped. The second one was much better but they still asked a lot of tough questions. Now I will just wait and see I guess. For those of you who commented on my desire to get in shape- Thank You!! Unfortunately I still haven't found the motivation. I am about to go attempt a long walk with one of the dogs. I am hoping that good news from one of these interviews will give me the motivation and energy to begin a new exercise routine. Here's to hoping!

On another note... while I was upstairs checking my email, my chocolate lab decided to jump up on my counter in the kitchen and eat a KFC chicken wing, bones and all. I have already placed my call to the emergency vet and they believe he will be fine. Keep in mind, this dog has eaten a screw and it came out... whole. Hahaha. Nice note to end on!

2 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Oh, what is it about labs that they can eat almost anything and survive it? My puppy ate a pound of decadent, chocolate-iced brownies when he was but a pup and was not even phased (he's part lab, part Great Dane. I'm convinced it's the lab.)

Praying for the interviews to come to fruition.

Kristen said...

Oh I love puppies! I am sure you did great in your interviews. That is one thing I am really worried about! But I have a whole year before I should worry! :)