Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Meet Mrs. Couch Potato

As I faithfully read blog after blog.... It has become clear to me that everyone has the motivation to work out. Well everyone, except me. Help. During high school I was active and played sports. During college I made it a point to go to the gym, to walk miles upon miles each day and I devoured every Self magazine I could get my hands on. I was practically waiting at the magazine rack for them to put the new monthly issue out. After college I started working full time and BAM. There goes any desire to exercise. I came home tired everyday and didn't feel like doing any sort of physical activity. I traded in Self magazine for Bride magazine and now Better Home and Gardens. Once I added full time grad school student to working full time... I was just happy to fall right into bed when I got home. Now that my schedule is no where near as crazy, I still find myself lacking the motivation to exercise. You would think that since my husband is a PE teacher, that we would be this workout couple and we. so. are. not. He is active all day for his job and he plays competitive men's softball, rec basketball, and flag football. He is active. I am a couch potato. I'm stuck in a work out rut. Sure I love to hike and we tend to go hiking every other weekend, but that isn't going to cut it. Aside from joining a gym (because I'm just not sure that I will go, even after paying big bucks to become a member), what can I do to get out of this rut? I would love to be able to run in a 5K but my lungs tell me that will never happen. I am not a good runner. I have zero endurance. I would love it if working out could become part of my daily schedule, I just don't know where to begin. Any advice?

3 comments:

The New Mrs said...

Please feel free to share the couch potato cure when you find it! I need help too!

p.s. cute blog!

theluckiestmrs said...

First off, thank you for stopping by my blog! :)
Second...if it weren't for my husband (aka workout extraordinaire and motivator) I'd be hardpressed to workout as often as we do! It's always better with a buddy! Even walking during lunch with a friend or exploring a park you haven't been to makes "exercising" fun!
& lastly...I love your cute blog! I've got to get caught up on all of your other posts! ;)

SunniOceans said...

You are lucky to not gain an ounce of weight regardless of what your activities are... although for health benefits, you should get some excersize in.... im sure piper would love a run and they are little still so she wont wear you out too bad!