Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Recap

The weather this weekend was beautiful! I had all of our windows open and loved smelling the fresh cut grass scent float through the house! Today wasn't as sunny but it was still warm and pretty nice. I had a quiet weekend... Hubs was out of town playing in a softball tournament (which they won by the way). He left Saturday morning and in effort to get him back home Saturday night I wished him rotten luck (mean wife) so that he would lose and have to come back home to me. My wishes didn't work and he ended up staying in Roanoke last night (they played softball until midnight last night... crazy) and they played all day today. So it's been me and the dogs and cat this weekend. I planned on working on my 20 page paper that's due this Friday and ... well.... I didn't. Ugh. I'm such a procrastinator and I will hate myself later this week... especially if I start my long term sub position in the 5th grade. I still plan on writing a little bit more tonight... 4 pages is better than nothing... only 16 more to go! I haven't felt good this weekend... my glands are swollen, my throat hurts, and I feel really achy. Perfect timing. 20 page paper. Long term sub. Sick. Oh well.. I will take some Nyquil tonight and plow through! Your prayers are appreciated.

Hubs is on his way home now and I can't wait to see him. I know he's only been gone since yesterday morning but I missed my snuggle buddy last night (corny I know). I'm so used to him being here that it felt weird to have a big empty bed last night.

On another note, I am still job hunting for this fall... keep me in your prayers! As May approaches I'm starting to get more and more anxious but many people assure me that they didn't get their positions until July! Wow. I can't imagine having to wait that long but if that's God's will for me then that's fine with me. Until then, I will be teaching 5th grade as a long term sub... beginning sometime this week maybe? The teacher is going on maternity leave and her body is "preparing for labor" so I am just on standby waiting for the call or email.

I should mention that as I was procrastinating on my paper this weekend, I took the time to look at a lot of other blogs and I've really enjoyed reading them. Some funny, some sad, some hopeful, some exciting, some similar to mine, some completely different, all fun to read. I look forward to getting to know my fellow bloggers! It really is a good outlet for your feelings and a great way to keep in touch and meet new people. Blog on! :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I did the long term sub thing for several months right after I graduated. It's a great way to get experience and get your foot in the door! Good luck girl!

Melissa said...

You can email me about your prek question....melissa1282@yahoo.com