Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Element

Last night we went out to the lake to go catfishing. As I was curled up in a blanket in a chair staring up at the stars over the lake, I felt so........ content. I love being outside in the mountains. Ever since hubs and I first started dating we have shared a love for all things outdoors. We love to trout fish, hike, canoe, camp, and enjoy the beautiful earth that God created. I'm an outdoorsy girl. Sure, I love the beach as much as the next person does and I'm lulled into a similar sort of peace by the sound of the waves crashing onto the sand, but I am so much more comfortable in the mountains. There are so many places in my area to take advantage of, St. Mary's Falls, Crabtree Falls, Humpback Rocks, Elliot Knob, tons of state parks (Douthat is by far my favorite), Goshen Pass, Jackson River (Hidden Valley).... the list is endless. There are so many rivers and lakes that we've fished in, swam in, canoed on, hiked around, etc. and so many that we hope to experience. For some reason I just felt compelled to blog about what I consider to be "my element" so that many of you bloggers out there know a little more about me. I'm happiest being active in the mountains. What is your element/hobby/comfort zone? I'd love to know!

Me after hiking to the second highest point in VA

Fishing at Cripple Creek

Mason and I hiking at Crabtree Falls

Mason and I hiking at Douthat State Park (where hubs proposed!)

Driving the boat at Lake Moomaw

At the top of Humpback Rocks

No comments: