Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Romans 12:12

I know that it's been awhile since my last post. I will try to update this more often. I've been avoiding blogging because I've been slightly discouraged lately. I'll explain why... Student teaching has been an amazing experience. I have a great group of 1st graders, a fabulous cooperating teacher, and great administration. I've had wonderful experiences. Excellent observation and meeting with the principal, great observations from my advisor and cooperating teacher. Tons of compliments... but.... no job offer. That's why I've been a little stressed lately. I hear the words: economy, budget, and transfers and cringe. It's hard to love to do something so much and work really hard because you want to spend the rest of you life doing it, and not be able to find a job in it right away. I know it's only March and I need to have patience because people are still transferring (ugh there's that word again) and the budget (grrr) hasn't been ironed out, but I cannot stay patient and wait. I am trying to though... I know that God wouldn't bring me this far and leave me hanging. So I am going to constantly be reciting this verse in my head: "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12. I am going to try to change my grouchy spirit into a spirit filled with joyful hope, I will be patient in waiting for a job, and faithfully praying for one.

So other than my grouchy spirit lately... life has been pretty good. The rain has stopped, we needed it but it doesn't help my mood. Haha. I loved Wednesday's weather. Sunny and 70 degrees. Beautiful. Piper is doing well... She's growing. She's a really sweet laid back puppy! Thank goodness! :) Phillip's softball season has started... he has a tournament on Saturday in Charlottesville. I may drive over to watch a few games. March Madness has begun... Of course the hubby and I have filled out our brackets and made silly bets with each other. March also brings out the beautiful flowers. I am trying to learn how to garden. I have lots of beautiful flowers planted around my house and in the yard and I'm trying to plant more and learn how to keep them looking nice.

Tomorrow is my last day teaching and next week I will observe in all of the grade levels. And Friday is my official last day of student teaching. I can't believe it's almost over! I've had such an amazing time!!

No comments: