Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

Valentines Day 2003

Valentines Day holds a special place in my heart because it was mine and Phil's first date. So pardon me while I take a walk down memory lane.....

I was upstairs getting ready for my first date with Phillip. We had been close friends for a long time so I wasn't too nervous. I heard the doorbell ring and Holly mumbled that I would be down in a second (he actually thought she was me at first because we look so much alike). I am finally ready and we head out. I get in his truck and he is playing weird music (it's Grateful Dead). We go to Applebees but see that it is way to0 crowded and we would miss our movie so we headed to Fishersville to go to Mossy Creek. One of my best friends, Alexis, is working. We sit down and take a look at the menu. I don't want to order anything too pricey so I settle on a salad. Please make note of this.... THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I EVER ORDERED A SALAD ON A DATE WITH PHILLIP. I have a big appetite and eat real food. Salad comes on the side from our 2nd date on. :) Anyways, Phil orders a steak, baked potato, and side salad. After we eat and Alexis embarrasses me (do you remember that??) we head to Staunton to go to the movies. In the truck on the way there, my future husband sang Grateful Dead in a loud, slightly off key voice but it made me laugh (which is why I love him). We get to the theater and settle in for How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. During the movie Phil reaches over and grabs my hand (aw first date moves). Meanwhile I have a mixture of emotion and excitement going through me and was pretty smitten with the way things were going. After the movie Phil takes me back to my house and kisses me goodnight. I think I smiled in my sleep that night. He asked me to go out with him again the next time he was home from college and I accepted. So after spending hours on end on the phone with him for the next two weeks, we finally go on our second date (my birthday). Phil sent me flowers before our date and after our date he asked me to be his girlfriend (or in his words, take our friendship to the next level, cheeseball). Needless to say, I accepted. So here we are (exactly 6 years later on Valentines Day) looking back on our first date... still in love and still crazy about each other. :)

No comments: